In 9th Grade they must decide their educational plan for the next year. That is why, we make group and individual tutorial classes to encourage their self-knowledge, so that they will know in which fields they can develop their careers and in which ones they would be less efficient.
These tutorial classes are also done in the Baccalaureate stage, our career advisors help them to explore the options of the speciality they keep in mind, and that way they make easier their path to university. As Albert Einstein said: “Never consider study as an obligation, but as an opportunity to penetrate the beautiful and wonderful world of knowledge”.
How to choose a Baccalaureate
Those students who are willing to study the Degree of Engineering, Degree of Science or Degree of Medicine, will be those who focus their studies on Sciences. In Casvi, their 1 year of Baccalaureate,they have six mandatory subjects and three options to complete their studies:
- Technical Drawing and Biology and Geology
- Economics and Biology and Geology
- Technical Drawing and Economics
Sixth form students will choose between five options in which we split up Physics and Chemistry, so that, they can specialize according to their future degree. This Science Baccalaureate will guide them to degrees such as Veterinary Medicine, Architecture, Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Medicine, etc.
On the other hand, those who have in mind Humanistic studies or related to Social Sciences such as Degrees of Laws, History, Philology, Literature or Journalism, will study Baccalaureate of Social Sciences. During the 1st year they have five mandatory subjects and optional ones:
- Latin, Universal Literature and French Language
- Mathematics and Social Sciences, Universal Literature and Economics
- Latin I, Mathematics and Social Sciences and Economics
In Sixth-Form, they have also three options that include optional classes such as Geography, Economics and English.
Optional classes in Baccalaureate
When students decide to study one of the Bacccalaureate specialities, they must take into account the classes that suit best their abilities and interests, because these will help to improve their University Access Exams marks.
Moreover, in Baccalaureate we have some subjects that are not included in the University Access Exams: Earth and Environmental Sciences, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Basics of Management.
Access to university
To sum up, the access to university is not easy, so when you choose the optional Baccalaureate classes, you must take into account the subjects tested on the university access exam. You will get a higher mark if you are good at them. Also, you must take into account other things when choosing a Baccalaureate:
- Do you know the degree that you want to study? If you know what you want to study, just go along with it. If you don’t know it, have a look at the subjects and optional subjects, avoiding the ones that are not related to your skills and aptitudes. In this case, it will also be good to reflect on your professional vocations.
- Take a vocational orientation test. This will help students to choose a degree In Casvi Boadilla, our Guidance Department take it to 10th graders. The Department analyses the results and guide them towards their professional future.
- Look at the career opportunities. If you have doubts among several options, you can think about the professional possibilities when you finish the degree.